Monday, October 14, 2013

REVIEW: Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover ! <3

Anyone who generally wears makeup knows the importance of a good makeup remover. Not only can makeup, if not removed properly, look extremely bad in the mornings, it can also clog your pores and result in blemishes which are just plain annoying. 

I picked up the Rimmel Gentle Eye Makeup Remover in the hopes that it would help get rid of my makeup easily. 




WHAT IT CLAIMS: Gently removes all eye makeup, including long lasting and waterproof makeup. No oily residue. Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact wearers. Dermatologically and Opthalmologically tested.


WHAT I THINK ABOUT IT: When I think of makeup remover, a magical potion which instantly cleanses my skin of any makeup in a jiff and leaves it feeling nice and smooth comes to mind. I have yet to come across a potion such as that one, but this makeup remover has come pretty close. 


The packaging is pretty simple. The product comes in a plastic bottle with a flip open cap. It seems a bit cheap, but truthfully, I don't mind cheap packaging if the product itself is good. 


It does not have any detectable scent and a water- like consistency. Another bonus is that the formula is oil- free! YAY! 




This makeup remover performs really well. It doesn't make my eyes sting or water at all. It does feel quite gentle, so it definitely lives up to it's claim of being suitable for sensitive eyes. 


It removes my makeup well, but it doesn't completely get rid of it on the first swipe. I find that one cotton puff isn't to completely remove my makeup; I need at least two cotton puffs for that. I also find this makeup remover has a tough time with waterproof mascara. I have to do a decent amount of scrubbing in order to get rid of it.


One thing I absolutely love about the Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover is that it doesn't make my skin oily after I use it and it doesn't sting my eyes. Other makeup removers I've used just made my skin really greasy and it wasn't a good feeling. This however, felt like I was just cleansing my face with regular water! 


YOU'LL LOVE IT BECAUSE:

-It's really gentle on your skin 

-It doesn't sting your eyes 

-It's pretty inexpensive 

-It's easily available 

-It removes most of your makeup easily 

-It doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy 


YOU'LL HATE IT BECAUSE:

-You run out of it quickly =(


OVERALL VIEW: I'm quite infatuated with this makeup remover, considering the fact that other makeup removers I've tried in the past left my skin feeling oily and greasy. I know it doesn't get rid of everything at once, but I'm willing to spend a few extra minutes taking off my makeup just because this actually does a pretty decent job of get all of it off. I also adore the fact that it's oil and scent free! Have you tried the Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover? What do you think of it? 


Don't forget to comment and subscribe! x 


No comments:

Post a Comment